5 Tips to Know in Choosing Carpet Runners for Stairs
If you want your stairs to be looking more attractive than before yet can still protect the surface of the stairs itself, you could do some carpet runners for stairs installation for your home. The job itself is not hard to do, but it is highly recommended that you hire a professional to do it so that the job is done right without any mistake of the installation that could be a dangerous hazard for you and also your family.
Here are a few tips that you might want to know before you purchase your carpet runners for stairs.
- Choose the width that is appropriate with your stairs. Carpet runners come with two different types of widths that you could choose from, the 27 inches and 32 inches.
- Materials. There are a lot of different materials that they are available to choose from, namely wool, synthetic fibers or even combination of wool and fibers.
- Texture, color and design. The texture that you want for your carpet runners along with their colors and designs must also be paid attention to carefully. You would want them to match the décor theme of the room nicely. If your stairs are located in the living room, then match the runners design with the living room color shades or décor theme.
- Avoid using foam padding. Foam padding is actually too soft where they wouldn’t be able to provide necessary support for when people are stepping on them.
- Make sure you have all the tools and parts needed for the installation too.
If you are going to hire experts and professional services to install your carpet runners for stairs inside your home, then they will be able to help you will all the necessary parts and tools that will be needed for the job. Make sure you have set aside and prepare extra budgets to hire them too.